Old Tax Submission

Giles says:
15 July 2015 at 8:51

SARS is withholding a lot of money this year as they say that the company I worked for 8 years ago never submitted my tax/or they don't have a record of this (which is weird as tax has always been taken off my salary). I left they company in 2009 and they are no longer operating. What do I do?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
15 July 2015 at 14:48

You need to get copies of your payslips, bank statements and employment contract and submit this to SARS as well as an affidavit stating what has happened. Can you do all of this?

Giles says:
15 July 2015 at 15:23

The company doesn't exist anymore so I can't get any payslips (don't keep payslips going back 8 years) nor do I have a employment contract with them as I left there 7 years ago. So I guess I'm pretty stuck. Thanks anyway.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
15 July 2015 at 15:42

The best thing to do is go to the police station, write this all in an affidavit and take that to SARS and speak to a consultant at a branch and see what they can do.

Giles says:
15 July 2015 at 16:00

Thanks so much. Will do.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 July 2015 at 11:38

Only a pleasure!

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.