I wish to register as a tax practitioner, how do I do this?

I need a tax practitioner code to be able to submit tax return on behalf of customers.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 April 2013 at 21:31

In order to register as a practitioner you will need to register with a controlling body such as SAICA or SAIT and need to have had special qualifications such as being a CA (SA) or similar. If you visit www.sars.co.za and type practitioner registration into the search bar you will be able to find out more.

Paula says:
17 April 2013 at 8:55

I registered yesterday via eFiling and got a NR PR-8333338. I was wanting to use this in order to offer a service to private persons and small businesses to assist in doing VAT, PAYE, UIF and provisional tax - then ask TaxTim to help when I have a problem -
I just need to mention that I have 40 years experience on tax returns and are at present doing a course with Damelin college on Income Tax Returns.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 April 2013 at 22:31

The new Tax Administration Act which came into effect in October last year provides guidance on the regulation of all Tax Practitioners which needs to be implemented by 1 July 2013. If you managed to register as a practitioner then you are one of the lucky few as the new legislation calls for some very strict regulation and registration with a Controlling Body. SARS have started releasing some information on this, but nothing concrete yet. I suggest registering with SAIT in and following their procedures in order to continue practicing.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 April 2013 at 19:17

SAIT have a variety of different options for which you can register as a practitioner and then perform different duties.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 April 2013 at 21:50

Given your experience and what you are doing as a course you should be able to do this. Check out the SAIT website for further information.

Paula says:
25 April 2013 at 10:41

Is there a way SARS could send someone to show me how to get clients that have given me their POWER OF AUTHORITY to on their behalf do their taxes unto my profile?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 April 2013 at 11:25

If you go to your eFiling profile and click the "organisation" tab and click new, you can start entering your client's details one by one there if you have their personal details and tax numbers.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.