I started working in April this year, when do I have to start paying tax?

Posted 30 July 2012 under Tax Q&A
What are the procedures that I should follow as a new income earner?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 July 2012 at 12:44

Tax season runs from 01 March to the last day of February the following year so you would only need to submit your tax returns in 2013. Your employer will deduct tax each month and pay it over for you. This is called Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE). It means that at year end you won't have to pay over a large amount as it is done for you already.

You need to register as a taxpayer, follow the easy guidelines on https://www.taxtim.com/za/get-a-tax-number.php Tim guides you through the whole process!

Busi says:
26 July 2012 at 13:01

Thanks a lot for your response!

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →