I owe SARS money but never even used eFiling. Help!

I started my job in august 2011 and was earning R14500 after deductions. My company pays tax and UIF, PAYE for me but recently I learned that I owe SARS R5000, why? I'm not sure what to do. I never even registered for e filing. Please help.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 November 2012 at 1:06

How did you discover this?

Atomic says:
20 November 2012 at 8:04

A friend is an accountant. Apparently he can put in your name and surname and it displays everything.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 November 2012 at 19:18

He would need to have access to all your personal information and have registered you under his practitioner profile in order to obtain this information. If you are registered for eFiling then I suggest logging in and seeing requesting a Statement of Account in order to check what amount is owed to SARS.

Have a look at my blog post on this - https://www.taxtim.com/blog/what-to-do-if-your-second-ita34-assessment-says-you-now-owe-sars-money

Otherwise call SARS on 0800 00 7727 to find out what the amount is for? It is important that you either check via eFiling or the call centre before you take the next step.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.