How to obtain additional information regarding the the reassessment of your ITA34

Smittie says:
2 November 2015 at 11:46

After I have submitted my tax return, I received a letter to submit all my documentation. I've done this and now have received a revised ITA34, where the Interest income is double than what I have received and recorded on my tax return. How do I contact SARS to provide me with further information regarding the assessment, and what steps do I take now if their assessment regarding interest income is incorrect?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 November 2015 at 12:54

Are you sure there was no other interest on any of your other documents you submitted to SARS?
You could always call SARS on 0800 007 277 to see if they can assist over the phone. Otherwise, you need to click "dispute" on the ITA34 which will then open up a NOO1 Notice of Objection page for you to file an objection.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.