How do i declare commission based income?

Posted 19 January 2013 under Tax Q&A
A family member is a running the contract in my name, I went to study so they took over. The income is commission based and approx 15k a month. They using their own personal vehicles to run the contract and have a few people that works on a casual basis. How do I declare this income? And how will I declare the expenses? I just started working and earns 80 per annum which is taxable course.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 January 2013 at 19:11

Unless they are paying the money over to you then they will need to declare and pay tax on this income not you as you did not earn the actual income nor receive the money.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →