FAQ Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact
15 Days Remaining of Tax Season 2019! Click here to file your tax return with TaxTim now.

Hi Tim, I am unemployed and I am unsure about what to do with my tax return next year.

Posted 14 October 2012 under Tax Q&A

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →
I also have an annuity that I still pay every month. What do I do next year with my return?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
8 October 2012 at 18:03

For the next year, you would go onto eFiling and where it asks if you were unemployed you click yes and a new drop down list will appear which will be simple to complete. You must submit a return though or else SARS could penalise you, but basically you won't be paying any tax as you have not earned income.

Bernadette says:
9 October 2012 at 7:06

Tim you're my hero!!! Thank you so very much for your help!

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 October 2012 at 7:31

Only a pleasure! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Blog Categories