Gross salary IRP5 code?

David says:
17 October 2015 at 9:19

When you ask in the Income Tax Calculator "Your gross salary is the entire amount, including all benefits, that your boss pays you. " What code should I be looking for on my IRP5?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
17 October 2015 at 10:52

3601 (salary), 3605 (annual payment).
What other income codes are on your IRP5?

David says:
17 October 2015 at 11:27

Hi Tim,

My other codes are as follows:
3601 (income - PAYE)
3605 (PAYE payment)
3606 (Comm - PAYE)
Medical aid (PAYE)


3697 (gross RFI)
3698 (gross non-RFI)

But I am trying to assist my wife with tax planning / take home projecting for a prospective job.



TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 October 2015 at 12:15

You need to include 3606 and 3810 (Medical Aid fringe benefit paid for by your employer)

TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 October 2015 at 12:16

In addition to 3601 and 3605

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.