Proper apportionment of fuel and right of use for vehicle

Hi there i had right of use of car and i paid for all of my petrol. I would like to know how to differentiate this on your website as it initally asks me my personal BUSINESS expenditure which i have apportioned and put the net amount in that block but then it subsequently asks my personal expenditure I incurred for right of use. Does this line item refer to insurance costs or must I retype my ENTIRE petrol expenses ie including private expenditure.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
10 September 2012 at 10:10

You must complete the section that asks for all the details of the car and related expenses for "right of use of a motor vehicle" The other expenditure section which asks for this was left in the return by SARS, but due to the new section being put into the return doesn't need to be answered.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.