Do I have to submit income tax forms if I have been retrenched in November 2012?

I have been retrenched in November 2012 and sill have not found a job. All my debit orders until now have been paid with the money I received from my retrenchment package. These include Retirement Annuity Funds. I currently receive UIF payment into my bank account. I have paid tax when I was employed all these years. Do I still have to submit income tax forms and if I should, is the chance there that I will owe money to SARS? I have not received an IRP5 form when I left the company.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 July 2013 at 23:32

Chances are you will actually receive a refund because you only worked part of the year. You still need to submit an ITR12 for the period that you did work. Your employer has a duty to give you an IRP5 and your must request this from them.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.