Do I have to claim submit a tax return after termination of contract with my employer if it was cont

My company contributes money to SARS each month so after my termination, am allowed to claim money back?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 November 2012 at 6:15

You would still need to submit a tax return for the tax year, but depending on the number of months you worked before your employment was terminated you may be entitled to some of the tax that was paid on your behalf, PAYE, back as a refund.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.