Are there alternative methods of obtaining an IRP5?

I need my IRP 5 from my previous employer in order to complete my tax return.

I have tried to limit all contact with my previous employer for serious emotional reasons. So my query is:

- Is there any other way of getting hold of my IRP5, other than having to contact them?
- Can I hire someone (if it comes to that) to collect/obtain my IRP5 for me?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
24 October 2012 at 6:32

If you go onto your eFiling profile, your previously employer would have had to submit an IRP5 to SARS on your behalf. So it most likely is already there. If it is not there then you can hire a practitioner to take the case up for you and deal with your old boss.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.