Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Need Help with your 2016 Tax Return?

Get your tax return DONE in 10 minutes or less with TaxTim!

Try TaxTim Now

Try Tim Now

What other documents are needed to hand in with IRP5 at branch or efiling?

Posted 19 August 2015 under Tax Questions

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →
Babsie says:
19 August 2015 at 14:31

Hi, what other documents is requiered at the SARS branch whith my IRP5? And do I need it for SARS eFiling as well? Thanks

This entry was posted in Tax Questions and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTimTaxTim says:
19 August 2015 at 22:42

You need the following documents in order to prepare your Tax Return:

IRP5: This is the employees’ tax certificate your employer issues to you.
IT3 (b) Certificates you received from the bank for local interest income earned.
Any other documentation from financial institutions or elsewhere relating to income received eg. investment income (dividends)
Tax certificate from Medical Aid reflecting the medical scheme contributions made as well as medical expenses not reimbursed from the fund
The relevant certificates reflecting your retirement annuity fund contributions made.
A logbook and other documents in support of business travel expenses (if the travel allowance is part of your remuneration or if you have the right of use of a company car taxable benefit).
Details of rental income earned and related expenditure
Details of any capital disposals eg property
Details of all income and expenditure for any local, business trade and professional income

Get Tax Deadline Reminders, News and Tips

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →