Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Get Your Tax Done in 20 Minutes

  File Your Return with Confidence
  Quick. Easy. Correct!
  First time users SAVE 15%!

Click here

Try Tim Now

Two tax certificates (2) for 2013 - Two different medical aid no's and 2 diff. options

Posted 31 July 2013 under Tax Questions

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →
I am trying to get my (2) tax certificates for 2013 from my medical aid - but they keep sending only the one.

Let me give you more detail: From 01/03/2012 - I was on a different option - up to 31/10/2012
I then retired but carried on with the medical aid - BUT with a different option and a diff. medical aid number.

I have tried everything and they keep giving me only the latest one which is from 01/11/2012
I went into the website (on the old number) but they keep giving me tax certificate for up to 28/2/2012.

I need to have a tax certificate for (old no) 01/03/2012 - 31/10/2012 as well as for (new no) 01/11/2012 - 28/02/2013. Am I correct by saying so? And what else can I do? Surely I need this information to complete my tax return. Thank you

This entry was posted in Tax Questions and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTimTaxTim says:
2 August 2013 at 22:45

Does the one they send you contain all the correct amounts paid for the year? If so then you only need this one in order to complete your ITR12 - Income Tax Return.

MARIE says:
3 August 2013 at 17:54

The figures Bonitas sent me (the 1 certificate) does not correspond to all the payments I made.

TaxTimTaxTim says:
4 August 2013 at 18:47

You can complete the tax return with the correct amount and if SARS does not request supporting documents then you won't need to worry. Are you able to go online to Bonitas' website and go to a portal and download the documents. Have you phoned twice and requested with each membership number?

Get SARS Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →