Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Max Tax Refund 2016

Get your tax return DONE in 10 minutes or less with TaxTim!

Try TaxTim Now

Try Tim Now

Started at new company this year (Online company based in Norway) what tax do I pay?

Posted 27 February 2014 under Tax Questions

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →
Up until December 2013 I worked at Incredible Connection. I earned a basic and commission. They always used the PAY-E (Pay as you earn) to pay my tax.

At my new Company, an online company based in Norway, I get paid a salary and commission together in 1 payment. I submit my commission table at the end of the month and I am paid around the 5th-7th of the following month.
My question is:
1) do I need to use an IRP6 now (Provisional) if my only income is via my salary and commission (although it is from a foreign country)? (I earn less than the 250000 per month) average which I think means I don't need an IRP6
2) can I just use the tax tables and put away each months tax in my savings account so that I can make 1 big payment when needed at the end of the tax year?

I would prefer to just use personal income tax ITR12 so that I do not have to do this 2-3 times a year as with
I have spoken to employees at SARS and I get different answers. I need to pay by tomorrow AAAAAAAAHH please help.

This entry was posted in Tax Questions and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTimTaxTim says:
27 February 2014 at 18:41

Do they deduct any money in Norway before paying you?

If not then yes you will need to register as a provisional taxpayer (technically the company has to register in SA) and go through the process of submitting 3 returns unfortunately.

Dupz88 says:
27 February 2014 at 19:01

Thanks so much for the help.. No, there aren't any deductions before they pay me.

Can I make use of the tax tables to judge more or less what il need to pay?

TaxTimTaxTim says:
28 February 2014 at 14:53

Yes, use the tax tables to see what tax you should be putting aside. You can use our SARS income tax calculator to work out the monthly amounts. You will unfortunately have to register as a provisional taxpayer and submit IRP6's.

Get SARS Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →