Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Need Help with your 2016 Tax Return?

Get your tax return DONE in 10 minutes or less with TaxTim!

Try TaxTim Now

Try Tim Now

Can I pay tax in advance (est) without complicated forms.Then do forms annually and pay difference

Posted 24 March 2014 under Tax Questions

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →
I always need to pay money to tax at the end of the year. I know it is about R 12,000. Or R1000 pm. Why can I not pay in say R1000 pm Estimate without filling in complicated forms, then fill in complicated forms once a year. I.e. pay in what I think monthly. i.e. accumulate tax credits via payments ahead of the final annual analysis.. i.e. just pay initially when I can afford, and pay in the difference after completing complicated forms at financial year end.

This entry was posted in Tax Questions and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTimTaxTim says:
25 March 2014 at 14:40

Are you a salaried employee or you earn income by working for yourself?

James says:
25 March 2014 at 16:03

I earn a salary and rent property.The property rents then resulted in me paying in tax.
Salary had tax deducted already

I want to pay in monthly say R1000 extra instead of R12,000 once a year.

TaxTimTaxTim says:
26 March 2014 at 11:01

Unfortunately the method you have to use is submitting 2 IRP6's each year, these are provisional tax returns which means you would declare all your expected income for the coming year. So for the 2015 tax year which runs from March 2014 to February 2015 you have to submit two returns, one in August and one in February and pay the expected taxes. Then when you submit your final return for 2015 which is only due in January 2016 you will end up not paying any tax.

The best way of avoiding having to come up with the tax money in August and February is to put it aside in the bank account and then when it comes time to submit these returns it has been paid. You can of course pay more into SARS' account than required, but then interest is lost as the money is kept by SARS and not yourself.

TaxTim can assist with all these returns - have a look at our Guide to Provisional Tax

Get SARS Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →