Accepted auto assess forgot my travel logbook

Kenneth says:
7 August 2020 at 18:00

What will happen if I already accepted my auto assessment, but I have done so without submitting my travel log book, am I able to fix this myself, what should I do? Am I correct in saying that I would need to request some sort of correction on eFiling and how would I go about doing this? How and where on the eFiling system should I go to get the request for correction?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
7 August 2020 at 18:22

If you accept the auto-assessment and you omitted to submit logbook claims for business kilometres against travel allowances, yes you will be able to correct it, you can use the Request Correction facility on SARS eFiling and resubmit the tax return with the full information. Log into SARS eFiling and navigate to your submitted tax return which you want to correct, by going to Returns - Returns History - Personal Income Tax (ITR12) - click on open. Under the link to your tax return there will be a button called Request Correction. This will issue a second version of your tax return which will already be populated with the same amounts as the original one you submitted. You can change this version and then re-submit.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.