FAQ Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact
Earn under R500,000?Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.

Commission Posts in Tax Q&A

Commission Related Posts - Page 28

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Travel allowance?

Posted 16 October 2014

If you have a travel remibursement recorded under code 3702 by your employee do you record that as a travel allowance?

is parking fines included in the calculation of travel allowance

Posted 13 October 2014

do we include parking fines in the calculation of a traveling allowance

What are the different payment options on TaxTim?

Posted 10 October 2014

explain for me TimLite, TimSmart, TimUltra what is it and the different? I am now stuck on that field

Changing Bank Details to Home Country bank account

Posted 7 October 2014

I am going back to India permanently. I have done eFiling this year, and the returns is credited to my SA bank account. I like to get next year's return to my Indian account. Can I change the bank details to my Indian Bank Account, so that next year returns would be credited to my Indian account. If yes, how can I change it? Can I change it via eFiling, or do I need to visit the SARS office before travelling back? What all documents are required? What is the procedure?

How to claim professional fees on my ITR12?

Posted 28 September 2014

I work for commission and want to claim back the professional fees I paid during the last tax season. Next to which source code do I fill this in or in what section on the efiling form.

Is there a tax on bringing large amounts of cash in from offshore account?

Posted 23 September 2014

My brother has been working on the ships for a while, and wants to transfer about R1mil to his South African account to buy property in Cape Town.

The money is currently in an account in the Cayman Islands.

Everything I have read indicated allowances and limits taking money out of South Africa. Are there any tax implications bringing money in?

Obtaining a tax directive from SARS - how long does it take?

Posted 22 September 2014

My name is Cobus. How long does it take GepF to get a tax directive from SARS

TAX R 6000.00

Posted 11 September 2014

how much tax is due when I am earing a commission salary of R 6000.00

Compiling supporting documents for medical expenses not covered by medical aid scheme

Posted 10 September 2014

I have been asked to submit supporting documents by SARS for verification purposes and I was wondering what the requirement is with regards supporting documents for medical expenses not covered by my medical aid scheme?

On my Income tax certificate from Discovery there are two numbers given. Firstly one number for Contributions during the period and secondly a number for 'Claims not recovered from the Scheme'. I duly included these under the requisite sections when completing my tax return. ...

Read more →

PAYE basic and commission?

Posted 10 September 2014

How do you work out how much PAYE you have to pay when you get a basic and commission?

How late can a request for correction of my ITR12 be made?

Posted 8 September 2014

A friend of mine, has submitted her IT12 by e-filing, she was then asked to submit supporting documents, once these were submitted, she was told that she will be audited as part of the tax compliance procedure. She is concerned because when submitting her IT12, she had lost her log book and had to redo this from memory and is now worried that the log book will be inaccurate and the audit will bring this up. As she doesn't want to get into trouble, she wants to know if it is still possible to do ...

Read more →

Foreign subsistence allowance code

Posted 2 September 2014

What is the difference between tax codes 3714 and 3716 for allowances. Is it true that code 3714 has now replaced code 3716 since 2010, for foreign subsistence allowance?

Do you need a tax directive for each IRP5 for which it is applicable?

Posted 2 September 2014

Do I need a separate tax directive for each employer where I receive remuneration and my commission is more than 50% of my salary?

What are the tax implications for international network marketing reps?

Posted 29 August 2014

Would Network Marketing Income (Commission) be treated as small business income? Does expenditure on MLM product (travel, merchandice etc.) & branded clothes be allowed as expenses?Would international income be taxed when paid into an international account or only when transferred to a South-African account?

What and how much can I claim for on my own car expenses when the car is used for business

Posted 27 August 2014

Hi Tax TimI get paid a basic and commission each quarter of the year. I pay for my own petrol and car expenses and I am looking to claim all of this back from SARS at the end of the year. I have been keeping a log book and I would liek to know the percentage of my expenses that I cna claim back if I rarely use my car for private use. What percentage will I be able to claim back from my business expenses on my car. Can I also claim for my cars depreciation? And again what is the percentage for th...

Read more →

IRP5 treatment of retirement lump sum benefits

Posted 26 August 2014

I resigned from my employer in the 2014 y.o.a and took the full withdrawal from my provident fund with the company. The IRP5 received from the company does not include the retirement lump sum benefit received. Would it be correct to include the lump sum payment under code 3901 and claim a deduction as per the directive under code 4115?

How does tax work on your salary, plus overtime plus commission?

Posted 25 August 2014

I need to find out, if I earn around R5400 a month and I get over time and commission and my salary then shoots to R6800.00, should I pay tax and how much tax?

Which motor vehicle expenses to claim through company versus personally?

Posted 25 August 2014

I am the sole director of a company. I travel extensively for business using my personal vehicle. My question is do I deduct vehicle expenses such as petrol, insurance, services etc.. through the company, or do I rather take these deductions into account in submitting my personal tax return?

Can I Just enter business trips on my SARS logbook?

Posted 21 August 2014

Can you pleas tell me if I can just enter business trips into my SARS logbook or do I have to include both private and business trips?

How do I know if I am a tax resident of South Africa?

Posted 18 August 2014

My client was employed in Zimbabwe for 11 of 12 months, so he qualifies as being out of the country for more than 183 days. However, he regularly traveled back to SA on week-ends for a break, so was never out of the country for more than the 60 days in a row as required. Does this then disqualify him from being a non-resident for tax purposes?

Can we claim if we pay for our uniforms?

Posted 18 August 2014

We are wearing uniforms at the medical practice where I work and we are spending money on this monthly can we claim from SARS for this?

Is my travel allowance too high for tax purposes?

Posted 18 August 2014

Please help, I receive a fixed travel allowance of R9400pm (car R4400 fuel R5000) under code 3701 which is taxed at 80% by my employer. My cars value is 160K and I do approximately 45K a year (12-15K personal) I keep a logbook. Will this be regarded negatively by SARS and more importantly would I possibly have to pay in an amount?

Tax Free Unit Trust Investments?

Posted 15 August 2014

Is there any other tax saving unit trust that one can invest in other than an RA or Pension fund. I heard there is a R 30 000 pa allowance if you invest in the right unit trust (or is this from 2016?)

Non Taxable Travel Allowanc exceeds maximum permissible. Source Code 3702

Posted 12 August 2014

On my IRP5 I have a Source code of 3702 which is for my non-taxable travel allowance. When I submitted my tax return I received a letter from SARS saying that I need to submit relevant documentation because my non taxable travel allowance exceeds maximum permissible. This is not true as my total amount was only R2211 which is clearly less than the permitted 8000km. As I did not keep a log book what relevant documentation do I need to submit? As I understand, since my travel allowance is less tha...

Read more →

Sales rep tax %?

Posted 12 August 2014

What is the tax % for a commission sales rep who is over 65yrs?
Older posts →← Newer posts    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38

Blog Categories

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started